Thursday 25 November 2010

001: Flower arranging week one

I have recently started a six week flower arranging course where we will be covering a variety of flower arrangements.

When i heard the local florist was going to be holding the flower arranging classes i couldn't resist signing up. I have always loved flowers and this gives me the chance to explore my creative side with them rather than just plonking them in a vase and not doing them justice.

The first week was a simple triangle display. Sally May (The florist) told us that flowers should always be arranged two thirds above the oasis (a foam type thing that you put the flowers into if you didn't know) and one third to the side. When looked at from the front and the side the shape made with the flowers and foliage make a triangle shape, hence the name.

I think i did really well for my first attempt, and it was really enjoyable and relaxing to do. Anyway, here's a picture of my result:



The course is £48 and includes all the flowers/foliage for the arrangements and you get to keep everything you make! This works out to just £8 a week which i think is great value for money.

For more information about Sally May, click here. They can deliver flowers anywhwere in the UK, but need 24 hour notice.

1 comment: